Online registration is now closed. Registration will be available onsite at the event Sept 22 from 11am-12pm.
Yards Park - Capitol Riverfront
355 Water St SE
Washington, DC 20003
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Event begins: exhibitor booths open, food/beverages, activities, HRA Mobile Adoption Vehicle
- Walker Check-in & Onsite Registration
- DC Walk for the Animals Kick-Off, hosted by Klinger, DC101
- Awards Presentation (Top Fundraisers)
- DC WALK FOR THE ANIMALS
The walk route is approximately 0.7 miles
- Wiener 500 Dachshund Dash Check-in
- Dachshund Dash
- HRA Adoptable Dogs
- Stein Hoisting Competition
- Dog Costume Contest
- Wiener 500 Dachshund Dash Semi-Finals & Finals
- Music on the Pier
- Event Concludes
Public Parking is available at the following public lots, all located a short walking distance from the venue.
- The Yards Lot H/I (136 N Street, SE)
- The Yards Lot F (136 N Street, SE)
- 100 M (100 M Street, SE)
- Federal Gateway I (1100 New Jersey Avenue, SE)
- 300 M (300 M Street, SE)
There are two Metro Entrances located near the venue.
- Navy Yard Metro: M Street Entrance (55 M Street, SE)
- Navy Yard Metro: New Jersey Avenue Entrance (1101 New Jersey Avenue, SE)
There is also street parking available in the surrounding neighborhoods.
Tips for You and Your Dog
Download our document here that provides tips for taking your dog out in public.