Thank you to everyone who made this event a huge success! Check out pictures from the event here!
Yards Park - Capitol Riverfront
Walk Check-in - Corner of 4th St SE and Water St SE
*RAIN DATE - In the case of inclement weather the event will be held on Sunday, October 1. The decision will be made on Friday, September 29.*
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Walker Check-in
- Welcome Remarks
- Awards Presentation
- Top Fundraising Individual
- Top Fundraising Team
- Grand Marshal Announcement
- DC WALK FOR THE ANIMALS
The walk route is approximately 0.7 miles and will last about 30 minutes
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Food and beverage vendors, exhibitors, costume contest, adoptable animals
- IN PARTNERSHIP WITH ON TAP MAGAZINE and the
Wiener 500 Dachshund Dash
Public Parking is available at the following public lots, all located a short walking distance from the venue.
- The Yards Lot H/I (136 N Street SE)
- The Yards Lot F (136 N Street SE)
- 100 M (100 M Street, SE)
- Federal Gateway I (1100 New Jersey Avenue, SE)
- 300 M (300 M Street, SE)
There are two Metro Entrances located near the venue.
- Navy Yard Metro: M Street Entrance (55 M Street SE)
- Navy Yard Metro: New Jersey Avenue Entrance (1101 New Jersey Avenue SE)
There is also street parking available in the surrounding neighborhoods.
Tips for You and Your Dog
Download our document here that provides tips for taking your dog out in public.