Welcome to My DC Walk for the Animals Fundraising Page
I am happily participating in the DC Walk for the Animals benefiting the Humane Rescue Alliance (HRA) on September 21, 2019 along the DC waterfront. I welcome you to join my Walk team and/or support me in this important fundraising event by giving whatever you can -- it all adds up!
HRA's motto is "Animals. People. Community.” It delivers on that motto by:
- Providing comfort and care to tens of thousands of animals annually
- Instilling kindness in young people through its humane education programs
- Providing affordable veterinary care to pet owners
- Distributing free pet food to DC residents through its Pet Pantry
- Supporting survivors of domestic violence through its Safe Haven foster program
- Offering behavior and training resources to help keep people and pets together
As a foster volunteer with HRA, I have participated in “Happy Hour”: taking a shelter dog home for an afternoon to give the dog a break from shelter life, lower its stress levels, and improve its overall well-being. The two dogs who spent afternoons at my home this May -- Sage and Honey -- were adopted quickly afterwards!
Thank you for considering a donation or putting on your walking shoes! I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.
P.S. If you have a dog who enjoys walking and loves all people, animals, and crowds, please bring them. Olivia will stay home. :-)
P.P.S. If you would prefer, you can mail a check to:
Humane Rescue Alliance
c/o DC Walk for the Animals
71 Oglethorpe St, NW
Washington, DC 20011
Make checks payable to: Humane Rescue Alliance
*You MUST write Heather Gomes/Walk in the memo field of the check
Share this page:
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.